Why Choose Us?
The practice was originally set up in 2001 as Willows Veterinary Centre. Due to a change in management it was taken over in 2015 and renamed “Paws Colchester Veterinary Centre”. We are a family run business and as such do not have to comply to corporate rules and can make policy decisions based on the best welfare of our clients and patients. In addition:
- Veterinarians Maryanne and Aimee have over 40 years experience between them and both hold Advanced Practioner status.
- Paws Colchester Vets is accredited with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons as part of the Practice Standards Scheme which means we meet the stringent standards set by the College. http://findavet.rcvs.org.uk/accredited-practices/about-the-practice-standards-scheme/
- The practice has recently been refurbished with cutting edge equipment.
- Qualified veterinary nurses help with all the hospital procedures and run veterinary nursing clinics, post op checks, weight management and are there to offer advice when you need it.
- Ambulance services are available for pets in need and we will often do home euthanasia to minimise distress to our patients.
- We have our own range of hypoallergenic diet food at a reasonable cost for those of our patients with dietary allergies which has proved very popular.
- We offer clinics – weight management, allergy advise, reduced nail clipping with the nurse, free flea checks and arthritis management. We also offer desensitization for anxious animals, Geriatric clinics and post op checks.
- Free puppy and kitten insurance for 4-5 weeks is available is available from two different companies giving you a chance to decide which company to would be best for you and your pets.
- We have a VIP Health Plan which helps spread the cost of all routine procedures, including flea treatment, worming, vaccinations and nail clipping. It also offers discounts on some routine procedures such as neutering and dentals.
- We offer a dentistry plan.
- For our rabbits we stock Myxo, VHD1 and VHD2 (the new Viral Haemorrhagic disease affecting rabbits) and these are included in our VIP Health Plan for rabbits.
- There is free onsite parking.
- The premises are air conditioned for the comfort of our patients and clients.
All our staff are passionate about animals and we are looking to improve the quality of life of our patients and clients in the community. We are aware that some patients are very nervous about coming to vets and so we aim to work gently with animals. We are also striving for the best welfare of our patients in society so that pets can have a safer, happier environment.